Improved Tropical Cyclone Research Capabilities
- Processes that strongly affect forecasts of storm intensity and intensity change.
- Upper tropospheric Observations are sparse, limiting knowledge of environmental interactions and angular momentum transports into the storm.
- Processes that affect track forecasts.
- Processes in the outflow layer may influence motion of recurving storms
- Flight-level data from 43,000 ft will provide observations of these processes for the first time.
For information about improved research capability email@example.com
Updated Dec. 8, 1995