Develop New Reconnaissance Capability
In support of operations and to provide input for numerical models, the NOAA G-IVSP will meet the following recon requirements from an altitude of 43,000 ft:
- Initial capability
- Storm Position: GPS position.
- Central Pressure: Dropsonde.
- Future Capability (will need further research and funding)
- 3-D Wind field: Remote sensors (VSDR, Scatterometer, radiometer).
- Rainfall distribution: C-band Nose radar and Remote sensors (VSDR).
For information about improved reconnaissance capability email@example.com
Updated Tue, Nov 14, 1995