Specific Objectives of the Argo Data Center
- Make real-time quality controlled data available to the operational community within 24 hours of collection. A 24 hour, 7 day a week fully automated operation is provided.
- Achieve a higher level of quality control, including expert inspection of profiles, applied to the data within 3 months.
- Provide continuous open access to the data after the real-time quality control.
- Perform continuous evaluation of the network to ensure that design requirements are satisfied.
- Generate of data products to increase the usefulness of data and for further quality assessment.