AOML researchers recently participated in the South Florida Ecosystem Restoration Research Cruise, a survey of south Florida’s coastal waters on June 22-26 aboard the R/V Savannah. These cruises have investigated coastal water quality in south Florida since the late 1990s. The science crew collected samples to measure nutrients, plankton, productivity, chlorophyll a, and dissolved inorganic carbon. They also recorded salinity and temperature to help monitor ecosystem restoration efforts in south Florida. These cruises have an additional focus on lower trophic level dynamics downstream from the Shark River on the southwest Florida shelf.
- Bowriding Dolphins. Photo Credit Kelly Montenero, NOAA.
- Kelly, Alyssa and Austin. Photo Credit Kelly Montenero, NOAA.
- Water samples taken while aboard the R/V Walton Smith. Photo Credit Kelly Montenero, NOAA.
- Alyssa and Austin at Sunset. Photo Credit Kelly Montenero, NOAA.
- 2018 Middle Keys Sunset. Photo Credit: Kelly Montenero, NOAA.