Jana Goldman, a science communicator and plain language trainer, traveled to Miami on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 to engage AOML employees in a workshop on how to communicate science effectively to non-science audiences. While participating in the science communications exercises, AOML staff learned a myriad of successful plain language techniques as well as effective methods to develop clear scientific messages.
Photo credit: NOAA
- Jim Hendee shares his plain language paragraph to the group. Image credit: NOAA
- Ruben Van hooidonk receives an AWESOME prize! Image credit: NOAA
- Claudia Schmid uses a human prop during NED talks. Image credit: NOAA
- Uli Rivero and Erica Rule use a balloon as an explanatory prop during their NED talk. Image credit: NOAA
- Jana Goldman teaches AOML scientists about plain language communication. Image credit: NOAA