On October 9th, researchers from AOML’s Environmental Microbiology Lab monitored and collected water samples in Maurice Gibb Memorial Park during the King Tide, the highest astronomical tide of the year.
Photo credit: NOAA
- The image on the left was taken at 8:30am and the image on the right was taken at 10:30am, when the tide was at it’s peak. Image credit: NOAA
- Dr. Chris Sinigalliano takes water quality measurements with a YSI sensor. Image credit: NOAA
- Floodwater is pumped back into Biscayne Bay during the peak of high tide. Image credit: NOAA
- Miami Beach pumps flood water from the King Tide back into Biscayne Bay. Image credit: NOAA
- Scientists collect water samples at Maurice Gibb Memorial Park during the annual King Tide. Image credit: NOAA
- Dr. Chris Sinigalliano cleans out a sampling bottle before taking the final sample. Image credit: NOAA