Position the mouse over each component on the image below to learn more about
This interface displays XBT data stored in the databases
of the Atlantic Oceanographic and Meteorological Laboratory (NOAA/AOML) and GTS
data from NOAA/NOS.
There are 5 data categories available at the moment:
- XBT AOML - Atlantic XBT data from the main AOML Database. Profiles before
passed different quality-control tests and are supposed to be clean.
- XBT NCEP - NCEP XBT data.
- GTS Drifters - Reports from the Global Telecommunications System (GTS)
with the BUOY header.
- GTS XBT - Reports from the GTS with the BATHY header.
- GTS CTD - Reports from the GTS with the TESAC header. Argo data are included in this section.
- Hurricane - Drifter data from the Hurricane Array deployed in the Tropical
Atlantic. Users will have also access to the storm track database to
facilitate comparison between both datasets. Symbol legend: Hurricane/Typhoon;
data are available since January 1st, 2001.
There are four possible outputs:
- Graphics - Image is displayed in the applet.
- Data - Users can retrieve the data in ASCII format.
You can click and drag the mouse on either of the displayed maps to select
the area of interest. The 'Go!' button launches the CGI which generates the
Please, address your questions or comments to Joaquin A. Trinanes